Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Spoiler What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?
LordGubGub Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia?

Spoiler below!
In the sewers, the part where you have to throw a rock on either side of the brute to distract it, and then run around the other side to get around it. I picked up the rock, but as I was picking it up, it hit the wall, making the brute come around to that side (I didn't think it was loud enough for the brute to hear). I went around to the other side and threw the rock, thinking it would come that side instead, then I turned around to go back around. As I was turning the corner, he was RIGHT F****** THERE! I sprinted as fast as I could down the sewer towards the Nave, and as I was opening the door, another brute spawned behind me, so I had TWO brutes chasing me! I kept sprinting, opened the next door, not stopping to close any doors behind me, and I finally made it up the ladder just before they could kill me. I have no idea how I was able to outrun them, but I made it up the ladder right at the last second. That was one of the scariest moments of the game for me, and also one of the stupidest!

(05-14-2013, 01:28 PM)jennipuu Wrote:
Spoiler below!
Whenever a monster began to chase me (despite my extremely paranoid efforts to build hiding corners everywhere I could), I never did anything like throw my keyboard across the room, hide under the computer desk or close the game. My fingers were glued to the controls alright, but the problem was that both my brain and hands just completely stopped functioning.

One time I was at the end of a long hallway in the Prison area when a grunt spawned at the other end of the corridor. He noticed me and began wobbling towards me, so I panicked. There were 3 doors just beside me. The corridor was long and the grunt was slow, so I had time to try to open all of the doors carefully, notate that each of them seemed indeed very suitable for hiding, and then close them all again and leave there staring at the approaching monster. See the logic? Weird, me neither. Oh well.

After that I decided that my only chance of survival would be to run straight past the monster, and then... well, keep running some more I guess? I really didn't and still don't have the slightest idea.
Somewhere on the way my shaking fingers just so happened to press Tab while I was still holding Shift, and the Steam window popped up, which caused the controls to stop working. I couldn't figure out where to shut it, so screamed ugly things to it instead.
I managed to find the 'close' button immediately after death though

Spoiler below!
I can definitely relate to you when it comes to hands/brain not functioning correctly when in fear! You know the room in the Storage that has the monster standing right there when you open the door? Well there is another room next to it with a bunch of barrels in it, which I planned on using as a hiding place, so I left the door open. I went to the next room, opened the door, and saw the monster right there and I freaked the f*** out! My hands were shaking badly which made Daniel's head flail in every direction. I went to go hide in my hiding room, but I was trying to enter from the wrong side of the door and I was running into the wall instead... lol So I went around the other side of the door where the entrance to the room is, closed the door, and hid in the corner until the monster went away. Somehow he never managed to hit me...
(This post was last modified: 05-15-2013, 02:33 AM by LordGubGub.)
05-14-2013, 05:37 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: What was your stupidest/funniest moment that you did in Amnesia? - by LordGubGub - 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM