Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Level editor crashes when placing entities
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
RE: Level editor crashes when placing entities

Windows uses back slashes for directory paths. If you type in C:\ in Explorer, it arrives at your C drive (as expected). I have noticed that going to Documents showed up to me as "C:\User\Documents/whatever" where it suddenly changed slash. Dunno what that's about.
Mac OS uses forward slashes for paths though. It also seems the Amnesia configs use them, regardless of OS. I'm kinda confused about that.

As for the issue here, I am really not sure. It sounds like the editors are missing something they need in order to process these entities. Doing a complete reinstall of both Amnesia and the editors I only suggest as a last option. Not having to reinstall would be preferred though. Perhaps someone else knows anything about this, cause I have not encountered it before.

Perhaps you can try wiping your HPL folder in Documents. I believe it is generated when you launch the editors, and since they're in a different location, they aren't uninstalled or replaced if you reinstall the editors in the Amnesia directory.

(This post was last modified: 02-13-2014, 05:24 PM by Mudbill.)
02-13-2014, 03:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Level editor crashes when placing entities - by Mudbill - 02-13-2014, 03:39 PM