Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom entities stopped working.
Rapture Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 79
RE: Custom entities stopped working.

This is more of out of habit for me...

Let's say I make a custom 3D cube model (plain and simple) import it into Amnesia and get it working. But let's say I delete or modify it in such a way that I have to regenerate the *.ent, *.msh or some critical file for it.

But I accidentally leave the "old" versions still saved in the Level Editor. This could confuse the Editor and make it do whacky things, I don't know. I haven't run into major Editor bugs when things disapear on me or objects weren't being rendered in the Editor but were fine in-game or vice versa. (Except when I first started out, I encountered it twice. But they could of been patched or I was doing something stupid without realizing it before)

So I'm guessing you were messing around with the "table_nice_wood01.ent" or accidentally messed with it (Could be you installed a Mod that over-wrote this file).

When you say Entities, do you mean all "Entities" are messed up or just a large portion of them?

Also, if you have a log, it's best to paste it all in, not just a small snippet. (Put in Spoilers if it's large please)
(This post was last modified: 09-29-2014, 07:03 PM by Rapture.)
09-29-2014, 06:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom entities stopped working. - by Spazatron - 09-29-2014, 06:34 PM
RE: Custom entities stopped working. - by Rapture - 09-29-2014, 06:59 PM
RE: Custom entities stopped working. - by Daemian - 09-29-2014, 08:35 PM