Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[split] Potential fix for crash bug after update
Kyle2k Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 4 Months ago RE: [split] Potential fix for crash bug after update

I'm using the Steam version of the game. I understand the problem now and I've managed to solve it:

I'm using a UHD 4k TV, with 3840x2160 res. At that resolution, in order to display desktop itens, icons, fonts and menus at a minimum acceptable size (too small at that resolution!), I need to change the scale to 200% (extra large) in the control panel, video options.

Problem is, when I launch the game using this scale, the game intro and the main menu looks incredible big (way larger than my screen). All I can see is a small (the upper left) part of the game menu wallpaper and I'm unable to see or access the game options (start game, load, etc.).

I solved this issue right-clicking the game’s shortcut and then clicked "Properties", "Compatibility" tab, and selected "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings". That's it.

Important: Amnesia looks great in 3840x2160 res: the game itself was not affected by this issue, only the intro lanimation (Frictional logo) and game menu.

A question: is this a game issue in modern hi res monitors/TVs that needs to be fixed in the future?

Sorry to be such a noob, here. Thanks, anyway
03-21-2015, 08:51 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [split] Potential fix for crash bug after update - by Kyle2k - 03-21-2015, 08:51 PM