The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Soma.exe has stopped' crash on start-up.
ylihp Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months ago 'Soma.exe has stopped' crash on start-up.

Hi

I have tried everything I can read on the internet to no avail. I have installed Microsoft C++ from just about every possible year, I've ran it as an admin, I've updated my graphics card to the latest driver, I've checked that it can handle the Open GL 3.3 or later, I've made sure I have the latest DX, I've tried all sorts of settings on the graphics card on and off to see if anything worked, disabling anti-virus and other possible interfering background programs... So I'm at a loose end. Every time I try to open it I see a glitched out screen with a loading bar at the bottom, and as soon as it reaches the end, the game crashes.

My specs are:

Intel Core i7-4770k, 3.50GHz
16GB RAM
Windows 10 64 bit
GeForce GTX 780

My hpl file is attached. [EDIT] no it's not because apparently it's too big to attach. I'll try and post it at the bottom I guess. Edit again, doesn't fit there either, any ideas?

Also I've got it on GoG, not steam, if that makes a difference.

Any help will be massively appreciated, I normally find a way to sort these problems out myself but I'm totally lost on this one.

Thanks
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2015, 01:14 PM by ylihp.)
09-28-2015, 01:12 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
'Soma.exe has stopped' crash on start-up. - by ylihp - 09-28-2015, 01:12 PM