Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Story is a Masterpiece (Massive Spoilers very long)
Omnitool Offline

Threads: 16
RE: Story is a Masterpiece (Massive Spoilers very long)

(09-30-2015, 01:13 AM)Yggalf Wrote: First of all i wanna say a big Thank you to Frictional Games for making this game. I replayed the game now 5 times and still try to put the Story puzzles together Smile

In my playtroughs i realized many things that others can either verify or disprove however i thought they are worth discussing so i will mention them. And i will mention quite alot.

Also i must apologize for the length of this post but it actually needs a lot of explanation since the story is way more complex then it would look like in the first place.

1. Is Simon just dreaming all that?
Well it could be since all the way from his apartment to Dr. Munshi indicates that.
Near his bed he has 2 posters. One is showing a man in a divesuit under water and the other poster showing Space!
In his night box is a book about a horror story with *Black Tentacles* in the water that hunt humans to pull them under water.
Near his TV is a DVD about a guy who has to fight everything to save the world. Sounds familiar?
The user interface of Simons PC is the same as everywhere in Pathos 2. I find it hard to believe that nothing changed in 100 years.
The user interface at Dr. Munshis lab is the same as Simons or in Pathos 2.
Simon has to search for a 4 digit code to enter that code to open the door that leads to Dr. Munshi.
In Pathos 2 Simon also has to search for 4 digit codes to open Doors.
His way to Dr. Munshi is with the Subway where he sees a blonde woman. A homeless guy who talks to himself and black man in a suit.
A Blonde Woman who looks very much like the Women from the subway is the first interviewed person about the arc by catherine as seen at lambda.
A Black Guy who looks very much like the Blacman from the Subway is covered in WAU structure at TAU and holding a picture of his son and sleep talking about his dream.

Do i believe Simon is dreaming all that? No. But can i ignore all that either? Also no. To me its simply because his brain already had to suffer from severe damage that his scanned mind simply tries to find it easier to not go insane by visualy lying to Simon.

It would even make more sense since we saw when Simon feared drowning how his human looking hands changed to the dive suit hands.
Also when you first use your flashlight he doesn't understand whats happening and simply says "Where did i get a flashlight" and still not realize that his hands don't hold anything or where used in the process of turning this light on.

Like Catherine explained to Simon on the way to Theta he found a balance between insanity and ignorance to not go nuts about not being human anymore.

Further evidence to support the dream theory is that Simon worked in a comic book store, so reading comics about robots / cyborgs etc could have been a foundation for the dream, like the posters, books and DVD in his appartment.
Simon was also known to experience vivid nightmares frequently after the car crash, and was prescribed medicine to supress these nightmares.
09-30-2015, 11:49 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Story is a Masterpiece (Massive Spoilers very long) - by Omnitool - 09-30-2015, 11:49 AM