Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room
LeftySwin Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room

I find that it's good to have a mix of room designs. Different types create fear in different people.

A small corridor can make people feel trapped like they have no where to run.

A large open room can make people feel vulnerable like they have no place to hide if something were to see them.

I find both of them equally as scary.

Although, I'd have to agree with the orb pieces. Fictional Games seems to have trouble in this area. I assume that they're trying to force you to explore every room to get the full experience, but when they do that, it feels similar to a scavenger hunt. This was one of the big problems with Black Plague. You were always having to go back and forth collecting items to advance in the game.

It's a real pain when you missed a piece and have to go back and get it. A possible solution to this problem would be to have the items on the way to your destination, so that you wouldn't have to go 'way out of the way' just to get a piece of orb.
09-12-2010, 04:18 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst Level Design in the game- the Choir room - by LeftySwin - 09-12-2010, 04:18 AM