The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers)
Welsh cake Offline

Threads: 2
Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers)

Hi all, I've played Dark Descent a second time and this time paid more attention to the diary entries and notes found throughout the game. I'm trying to wrap my head around as to what exactly is this shadow entity that's chasing after Daniel. Granted it's your standard Lovecraftian horror that serves to drive the story forward, but I'm debunking that response on the grounds that its an excuse not to think. ^^ I want to be more constructive and find a positive ontology for it we can all agree upon. Unfortunately, I came across the following questions posed by events within the game and couldn't resolve them and I can only speculate at this point:

1. Is this Shadow entity really 'Tin Hanan' according to the game is translated to 'the Mother of Us All? Is it a god? A mere guardian? The will of the universe? Or simply just a shapeless monster?

2. Why didn't Shadow simply take back the orb from Daniel or kill him as soon as he left the burial grounds in Africa?

3. Why didn’t the Shadow make any attempt to harm or hound after Daniel directly in London? It consumes Brennenburg Castle in a matter of days/hours yet he spent almost an entire month in the Mayfair area of London – he was a sitting duck by all accounts yet came and left without incident.

4. Why was the Shadow content with murdering people Daniel was in contact with? Was it trying to prevent Daniel from learning too much about the orb?

5. Was it the Shadow that inspired Daniel to repair the broken orb through nightmares? Or was it nothing more than a bad dream?

6. Was it possible Alexander was the one who provoked and angered the Shadow when Daniel allowed him to tamper with its orb in a ritual, thereby deliberately turning it against Daniel? It was notably pissed off after whatever Alexander had done to it.

7. Is the shadow still following Daniel after the revenge ending?

Any thoughts on these issues raised would be much appreciated. ^^
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2011, 09:23 PM by Welsh cake.)
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Welsh cake - 04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Redeemer - 04-15-2011, 11:56 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Solarn - 04-16-2011, 10:17 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Kein - 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Solarn - 04-16-2011, 10:59 PM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Droopy - 04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
RE: Tin Hanan/The Shadow (spoilers) - by Fomzo - 02-08-2012, 01:56 PM