The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500
QuiteIronic Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500

Hello all, I wanted to inform the people here of my recent experiences. I own a horrible Dell Inspiron 1545 with Intel GMA X4500 graphics. After purchasing Amnesia, I discovered I would not be able to play it. That very moment, a part of me died inside. However, I'm not one to give up. After a month of tedious on again off again research, I found a way. My only problem, was it looked much too complex for someone like myself to do. The way that I found, was to switch to Linux, as it had the proper drivers for OpenGL 2.1, whereas Intel did not offer the drivers for Windows. The glorious man who figured it out, walked me through the process. Installing the OS was the easy part, configuring and installing the drivers manually was the hard part. I have included the video about it (sadly the video does not show how, but it does include the things you need to download in the description). I thought I would start this, as I've seen way too many threads about the problem (before recently joining). Shoot away with questions/comments.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9klAxeQsHlQ
10-05-2011, 01:14 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500 - by QuiteIronic - 10-05-2011, 01:14 AM