Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Horror Demo (First Map)
ThatCoolNinja Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map)

(11-23-2011, 03:45 AM)A Tricky Carnie Wrote: EDIT: Ok, so here are my thoughts on this:
Spoiler below!

A bit too much blood, try cut it back a bit.

TOO MANY KEYS! Seriously I find too many key puzzles an insult to my intelligence, and too many keys in a custom story can make it dull.

Cheap Scares, thats my opinion, some may agree, some may not.

It has what I would call a made for PewDiePie feel, I got it in the beginning when the golden statue on the desk, but I dismissed it and gave you the benefit of the doubt, then I found this , and this.

Too many health/sanity potions in the beginning.

The Attic seemed incomplete to me, and after jumping off the edge of the map, I gave up.

I'd like to see more context, I don't know if you're planning to add notes, but do, give me a story as to WHY I'm in the situation I'm in (other than "This is an Amnesia custom story, so Amnesia type things will happen.")

Also, the title is incredibly bland and generic, if you want horror in the title, at least add more too it. I understand this is a work in progress, and may not be the final title.

Finally, If you're using mansionbase, textures, planes, etc., why use cellarbase doors? They felt out of place and didn't look good.
Thanks for the critique. The attic is 100% incomplete and is only there because I dont know how to do credits atm. I will be changing the name and I will be adding notes. I will look into changing the doors. Thanks for playing Smile
11-23-2011, 04:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by ThatCoolNinja - 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Arvuti - 11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-21-2011, 12:54 AM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Khyrpa - 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Arvuti - 11-23-2011, 12:02 AM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by ThatCoolNinja - 11-23-2011, 04:40 AM