Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Development / Technology Questions
Frederick Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Development / Technology Questions

Hi Thomas,

thanks for your answer!

Thomas Wrote:1) We used various 3d tools when creating the collada files. Collada is pretty nice, but there is a bit work required to load all data. Escpially skinning and animation,

Oh yes, I am experiencing that too... =)
Also lots of irrelevant stuff finds its way into the files, like physics
information. Which is bad, when you have no use for that. I am still unsure if its worth the trouble. Maybe it is easier to concentrate on a single modeling tool.

Thomas Wrote:2) It has worked on almost all cards. Only cards that still have some issues are ATI HD, and Cg might be the cause of this. But that is not confirmed.

I think Cg is still superior to GLSL, because of CgFX, ColladaFX, the NVidia Composer etc, tool support like from XSI. Also it supports older hardware.
But here and then, there are complaints.

Thomas Wrote:3) The core team was 3 people and then alot of folks did imporant contribution work (music, all text, porting, sound programming, etc).

Okay... so some sort of a bigger team. Kinda thought that, because your game looks so polished and has great artwork.

Quote:4) We used and are using AngelScript.

Okay, did not see any files, maybe because you have hidden them.

Thanks a lot,
Frederick

Spoiler below!

and btw. I did not manage to pass the first two rooms in the underground basement, and i am not sure if this is my fault.
I found I could remove wooden plank behind the two cubboards, but I was not able to either move or destroy the wooden one. I think solution is to move or destroy the wooden cubboard, because the player character gives an advice, that it looks rotten.
If I look in direction of the wooden cubboard, the hand icon does not appear, although it does appear, when I looked at the metal one. So I can´t do anything with the wooden cubboard. Hammering is also not an option =)
I don´t think it is my mistake, I tried for half an hour.

10-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Development / Technology Questions - by Frederick - 10-07-2007, 04:27 PM