The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trying to make guarddog brute
Damascus Offline

Threads: 118
Trying to make guarddog brute

I'm currently brainstorming on a way to make a brute that will consistently guard a hallway and keep players from passing it. (coming into the room activates a ShowPlayerPosition script) But, I can't seem to find any reliable way to get it to work just how I want.

I can't just place a brute there and activate it when the player comes close, because it will disappear for good once the player moves away.

I can't use CreateEntityAtArea, because it will create a second brute in one place if you go through the area before the last one has disappeared. I've tried to check if "EntityExists" to limit the script but it apparently detects deactivated enemies too, so it won't create a new one even if the last one is gone.

I've tried activating the brute when you get close and deactivating it when you leave the room, to prevent it from turning itself off, but that presents two problems. 1) The brute can't chase you from the area without popping out of existence. 2) When it's reactivated by the area you pass through it shows up where it last deactivated instead of its original guard spot.

Anyone have anyone any ideas for this? There doesn't seem to be anything in the entity file to turn off how it deactivates itself.

04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Trying to make guarddog brute - by Damascus - 04-10-2012, 09:06 PM
RE: Trying to make guarddog brute - by Homicide13 - 04-11-2012, 01:40 AM
RE: Trying to make guarddog brute - by Rapture - 04-11-2012, 04:32 AM
RE: Trying to make guarddog brute - by Damascus - 04-11-2012, 06:37 AM