The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My LANG file stopped working....:/
7thProductions Offline

Threads: 17
Exclamation  My LANG file stopped working....:/

After making my second map, I started scripting for it and messed around with the lang file (using SetMessage), but when I lanched the game, the lang file just stopped working and I can't figure out why.

Lang file:

<LANGUAGE>

<CATEGORY Name="CustomStoryMain">
<Entry Name="Description">test</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Inventory">
<Entry Name="ItemName_storagekey">Storage Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_storagekey">Tag reads: "Key for the upstairs storage room."</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_stairwaykey">Stairway Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_stairwaykey">This key unlocks the door leading to the stairway outside my private chambers.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_fathersstudykey">Nicolas Valentine's Study Key</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_fathersstudykey">My father's study is just up the stairs. I should go there right away.</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemName_fathersdagger">Dagger</Entry>
<Entry Name="ItemDesc_fathersdagger">This dagger belongs to my father. It's one of his most prized possesions.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="DA01Map01">
<Entry Name="AdrianShock">Adrian:[br]What...what the hell was that..!?</Entry>
<Entry Name="AdrianHallucinationScare">Adrian:[br]It's coming for me! I'm going to die!</Entry>
<Entry Name="AdrianHorror">Adrian:[br]Tha..that thing....it killed my father and now it's after me..[br]What the hell am I going to do.......?</Entry>
<Entry Name="NeedDagger">Adrian:[br]Wait...I still need to grab my father's dagger. I can't go on without it.</Entry>
<Entry Name="Run">DOWN THE STAIRS!! QUICK!!!!!!!!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="DA01Map02">
<Entry Name="StabMonster">Adrian:[br]Damn! That monster followed me into the courtyard.</Entry>
<Entry Name="StabMonsterII">Adrian:[br]Wait...I have my father's dagger; I could use it to kill the monster.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Messages">
<Entry Name="stairwaydoorlocked">The door is locked. That key has to be around here somewhere.</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Journal">
<Entry Name="Note_adrianslog_Name">Semptember 6th, 1211</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_adrianslog_Text"></Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_urgentmessage_Name">Message From My Father</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_urgentmessage_Text">(the note is written in a messy scrawl)[br][br]Adrian. I don't have much time to write, that monstrousity has followed me here. But I need to warn you that your life is danger and you need to escape; they're coming for you. Don't ask, just listen. Take the key to my study and grab my dagger from the secret hatch in the floor.[br][br]Please, my son, be careful and keep that dagger close by to protect yourself. I love you, Adrian and I wish you the best of luck.[br][br]With much love,[br]Your father: Nicolas Val-[br][br](the note ends here)</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_fathersapology_Name">I'm So Sorry</Entry>
<Entry Name="Note_fathersapology_Text"></Entry>
<Entry Name="Quest_StabMonsterQuest_Text>Wait until the monster has its back turned, then use the dagger to kill it!</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
<CATEGORY Name="Levels">
<Entry Name="courtyard">The Courtyard</Entry>
<Entry Name="kitchen">Kitchen</Entry>
<Entry Name="servantsquarters">Servant's Quarters</Entry>
<Entry Name="oldstorage">Old Storage</Entry>
</CATEGORY>
</LANGUAGE>

I don't see anything wrong here? Could it be a problem with the script, or something else?

04-15-2012, 02:55 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
My LANG file stopped working....:/ - by 7thProductions - 04-15-2012, 02:55 PM