Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

Warning: Long Post. (i Dont do short posts, sorry)

tell me, Did it occur to any of you that googolplex is a german, english is not his first lanquage, hence, massive spelling errors, syntax issues, Etc?

I would image that, if you attempted to type on a french lanquage forum, in there native lanquage, when its far from your first lanquage, it would probably look like you had typed "good moaning" instead of good morning.

I dont have the excuse of being from mainland europe, im UK, yet, as you can see, my spelling and grammar are, self admittedly, Apocalyptically bad. well, blame that on mild dyslexia and pretty dodgy hand eye co-ordination, theoretically i Should use dragontype, but, how am i supposed to improve, typing wise, by not actually typing?

i quess you are wondering "who in the sam hell are you!?!" im that guy from the Uk he was talking about, normally, i wouldn't join a forum like this, but, i am so horrified outraged and apalled at the number of people who considered me a troll from that original post, i thaught id better come here in person to try and dispell that beleive.

its probably not going to work, but, no harm in trying.

It seems to me that to many users a "troll" is anyone who has a different opinion to them, you do realise that on that theory, i could consider most of you as "trolls" because your opinions are different from mine?

I must ask, however, to forget about the rules of normality when talking to me, i have Aspergers Syndrome, a varient on autism, so net result, i am about as far from normal as a biker mouse from mars parking on your front lawn.

sorry about the use of caps lock in my old rant, i quess they did end up making me look like just another 13 year old modem blaster, but, im not too sure on how else to emphasise a point, any ideas.

now, im not going to go to far into this whole Regenerating health, Call of duty cloning, etc, business yet, and how it can be solved to the satisfaction of both parties by actually borrowing something else from some Older FPS titles (regen health is an FPS innovation, COD-2 i think.. correct me, Politely! if im wrong!)

i really want to use this post to explain Why people like me are so downright angry with the mainstream.
imagine you Dont like Simulation racers, and one Really, i mean, Really Took off, over 20 million sales, so all the companies decided "Right! from now on, every racing game will copy "X" ". how would youy feel, you would feel like you are being "thrown out" of your hobby, well we dont like COD elements, because, i personally find they make games incredibly boring, i dont know about you, but, i dont play games to be bored out of my skull! and it seems every game is cpying them, did you know i am now having trouble telling the difference between COD and virtually every other game out there? ok, there are mild story differences, and graphical differences, but in terms of gameplay, the most important asset to any videogame in my personal opinion, they are all identical!

anyway, as you felt "thrown out" you would want to complain ,human nature, and all that happens is companies fob you offf by saying "we wanted to appeal to the mainstream!" (oh really, then how come serious sam 3 did so well, totally hardcore, and a massive hit) and all of forum ville consider you either a hipster, a troll, or Both. you know how that feels, like you are being Squashed.

We feel Supressed! No one likes that, so we react with anger, Anger is not exactly the best bedfellow for logic
put down the Mainstream "cod is roxorz, anyone who disagrees is a hipster troll" propoganda for a second, and try and see things they way we see them, please!

anyway, sorry for spilling my guts on the first post, ill try to be more on topic next time
BTW. thanks for the support Damascus Rose, its good to see at least 1 person read into my old post and found some signs of life...
(This post was last modified: 07-25-2012, 09:24 PM by the dark side.)
07-25-2012, 09:22 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by the dark side - 07-25-2012, 09:22 PM