Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First New Custom Story----Beneath the Ice!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: First New Custom Story----Beneath the Ice!

Well I'm no expert, so I might be way off here, but a quick glance at the Amnesia Wiki tells me that .ps files are used to set up particle systems and are thus created with the particle editor.

So unless my logic is completely failing me here: you can't convert a 3d mesh into a particle effect. It simply makes no sense. You might be able to make a particle emitter spawn meshes if HPL supports that kind of thing, but I'm pretty sure you'd still have to use the particle editor for that.

I also doubt that you can convert a particle effect you created in Blender and saved as a .dae file into a .ps file. Maybe I'm wrong, but I've never heard of an engine that can import particle effects - they're always created with some sort of editor that comes with the engine itself.

Or maybe you meant something entirely different and I'm rambling nonsense again. I do that sometimes Big Grin
09-18-2012, 12:41 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: First New Custom Story----Beneath the Ice! - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 09-18-2012, 12:41 AM