Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Game Won't Load in Vista (32bit)
dozerking Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Game Won't Load in Vista (32bit)

jens Wrote:Try these suggestions
http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/78/

Yeah, I tried that. No go. I wonder if there's an issue with my sound card, but then why would the game hang? I'm using a very good sound card, the Auzentech Prelude 7.1 (an X-Fi chip btw). Strange though, as I've heard around the boards that people are having lots of issues with OpenAL and OpenGL games in Vista. I wonder if this has something to do with MS and how they removed DirectSound from Vista. No? I even tried reinstalling Alchemy and that did nothing either. I'm desperate at this point.

Oh, one more thing. I upgraded my version of Vista to SP1 directly from MS's website. I wonder if that may be the cause. Many people haven't installed the SP since you have to do it manually until April if I'm not mistaken.

I'm not getting an error either like many others like the OpenAL errors, it just sits there at a black screen. I even waited for 15 minutes at one point to see what would happen.

I'm stumped.
03-29-2008, 11:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Game Won't Load in Vista (32bit) - by dozerking - 03-29-2008, 08:24 PM