Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Custom Monster Question
crisosphinx Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Custom Monster Question

(12-29-2012, 03:56 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: I didn't know that it would be harder than I thought to re-skin a monster. Yes, I don't have 3d modelling abilities, let alone animation skill.

I have tried looking for Free 3D Models for the past few days. Sometimes I find a model I don't need but it has animation, other times I find a free model that would be great but lacks animation.

When omeone here is not busy, then maybe one of them cna help me. Story ideas, for me, isn't hard. I can think up puzzles, depending on the area depends on the puzzles.

For my Dark Depths story, I have the area materials to make it, and story ideas for it, but lack deep sea critters/horrors for it. I wanted a realistic scenario for an Amnesia Custom Story, so the 'monsters' need to be possible for the unexplored deep sea (since it's unexplored, it gives me play room for any kind of deep sea monster).

Well you should try giving the re-skinning and animation a try. Can't hurt. It might end up in frustration. The biggest problem about reskinning are all the joints. If you want to have a slimy, crawling, sea creature, you can't use the grunt's skeleton to do that. It won't work.

If you want to have a walking, slimy, sea creature, you can try. If you want to re-skin, you'll have to animate it.

Animation and Rig questions -> crisosphinx@yahoo.com

3D Generalist. Notable work on FG Forums - The Great Work, Five Magics and Cowards Debt.
12-29-2012, 03:58 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Custom Monster Question - by The Rock Worm - 12-28-2012, 10:54 PM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by NaxEla - 12-28-2012, 11:18 PM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by The Rock Worm - 12-28-2012, 11:46 PM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by NaxEla - 12-29-2012, 05:57 AM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by crisosphinx - 12-29-2012, 03:20 PM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by The Rock Worm - 12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
RE: Custom Monster Question - by crisosphinx - 12-29-2012, 03:58 PM