The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?
Kreekakon Offline
Pick a god and pray!

Threads: 70
What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you?

Hey there all, interesting question that popped up in my head a little while back: I can assume without doubt that we are all fans of Amnesia, and the work Frictional Games does be it Penumbra, Amnesia, and what-not. What I want to ask YOU is what discovering FG, and its line of games has done for you?

You can really share with us anything you want. You can say it sparked your interest in the horror genre overall, you can say you discovered a lovely suite of dev tools through which you decided to bring a story long in the workings to life, or you can even go as far to say that FG is the sole reason you now aspire to become a video game dev! Anything can do! Hell, say you discovered Pewdiepie because of them, it works too!

So, for starters as the thread's OP it's only natural that I give the first statement:

Before discovering Amnesia, I was mostly unfamiliar with the horror genre. After finding it I found out what great potentials it hold, be it for story-telling, or otherwise.

Also, at the time, which was around a bit over a year ago, I was looking for a way to try, and practice my skills in making games. It was also around that time that I discovered HPL2, and its ease of accessibility. After finding out so, I started practicing on it in hopes that I could more familiarize myself with how to make a game. It was also around then that I decided to re-model an idea for a story I had into one which could work well with Amnesia's style of play as well as adding my own fresh ideas. It is now known as Hell Awakening, which I recently just announced.

So, that's about it for me, let's hear yours!

EDIT: Oh and almost forgot one of the other most important things Amnesia has done: It let me meet all you retards who take up a good couple hours of my day almost every day since I first joined. I HATE YOU ALL!!! Big Grin

[Image: Tv0YgQb.gif]
Image by BandyGrass
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2013, 06:47 PM by Kreekakon.)
04-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
What has discovering Amnesia/Frictional Games done for you? - by Kreekakon - 04-07-2013, 06:40 PM