Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Poll: Were you afraid when you played Amnesia?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, the game freaked me out lots of times!
66.67%
2 66.67%
No, just a few times but it wasnt really much.
33.33%
1 33.33%
I would be more afraid of my little ponies then this.
0%
0 0%
Yes, it gave me nightmares, I never played such a scary game!
0%
0 0%
Total 3 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Away
Posting Freak

Threads: 0
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA

Quote: In maya the model looks fine and the outer walls dont get invisible but in hpl it does. I just wonder how I make the invisible walls thing go off in hpl.
Well the question is: Does it still look fine in Maya if you turn on backface culling? Because if you don't turn that on, Maya "lies" to you and shows you a visible wall that shouldn't be visible because it is actually inverted. Hpl on the other hand is always honest with you and shows you your model how it really is. Wink

If your model is invisible entirely and not just from one side, make sure you have a diffuse texture applied to the mesh in Maya when you export and that it has the same name (!) as the .mat file you create in the material editor. Also make sure your folder structure is correct (use the existing models from Frictional as a reference for that)

If nothing else helps, you can always try deleting your objects history in Maya (edit> delete all by type > history) and freezing the transform. (modify > freeze transformations) This can also sometimes fix weirdnesses with a mesh.
(This post was last modified: 04-15-2013, 04:09 PM by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.)
04-15-2013, 04:08 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Maya crashes when exporting things with OpenCOLLADA - by xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx - 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM