Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help How would I import this?
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: How would I import this?

(07-25-2013, 01:04 AM)cruisy18 Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 11:17 PM)Your Computer Wrote:
(07-24-2013, 10:57 AM)cruisy18 Wrote: Hmmm... but HPL2 model viewer only recognizes one object. If I create more meshes inside that 1 object, model viewer recognizes it, but if I get out of edit mode in Blender, and add a new mesh as a new object, model viewer won't detect this new object when export it as a collada.

Is this how it's supposed to be?

That's not how it is supposed to be, but i wouldn't recommend the model viewer for testing out your models, only for generating material files for your models. Before exporting you should be applying location, rotation and scale to all your meshes. You should also be triangulating your meshes before export. And on export making sure you have the correct export settings checked.

Ah ok. I brought the collada into Model Editor, and the thing was huge! And, the chains were not in the right position, but were hiding inside the torch holder object. I discovered this because I scaled down the object (not the chains) to 0.2.

Even though I brought in the collada of Amnesia's torch holder into Blender, and scaled my model down to around that size, it was huge when I imported it into Model Editor. But, I think I know why: probably because, inside Blender, I most likely scaled my model down in object mode, rather than edit mode. The chains were the right size inside Model Editor, and I had scaled them down in edit mode as the modifiers would not have worked properly if I scaled them down in object mode.

Well, now I know that I can safely import a collada with different objects into HPL2, and what to avoid.

Thank you guys for your help, once again!

Oh, though, one more question. Is there an option inside Blender where I can restore the original object size of an object, so then I can go into edit mode, and scale it down correctly? Otherwise, I might have to remodel it.
seems you figured it out your self but for the sake of other people reading and just to be safe let me highlight this bit from my previous copy-paste:
"5. Apply scale rotation and location of your object by going to the apply menu by holding down CTRL + A and rest is self explanatory. this step is not necesary but it will prevent you model from being rotated, scaled or offset in amnesia."
07-25-2013, 07:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
How would I import this? - by cruisy18 - 07-24-2013, 08:03 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by Your Computer - 07-24-2013, 08:50 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by WALP - 07-24-2013, 08:58 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by cruisy18 - 07-24-2013, 09:26 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by Your Computer - 07-24-2013, 10:47 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by cruisy18 - 07-24-2013, 10:57 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by Your Computer - 07-24-2013, 11:17 PM
RE: How would I import this? - by cruisy18 - 07-25-2013, 01:04 AM
RE: How would I import this? - by WALP - 07-25-2013, 07:04 AM