Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help problems with exporting a monster from maya
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: problems with exporting a monster from maya

I HAVE STOPPED THE CRASHES!!!

I have done major progress and I will likely finish soon.
I was opening up a monster by another modder who had actually used OpenCOLLADA when suddenly I noticed, that even though I definitely selected openCOLLADA in the export options, that was being ignored by both of my files and instead exported as fbx. I quickly learned that it was because there was some kind of conflict between my fbx-plugin and collada so I tried turning off the plugin completely and finally it actually exported as collada with zero bugs on my little bendy cube!! animation and everything fine.

The monster was a little messed up however but the fact that I was able to import it in model viewer without crashes, and on top of that the animation was playing (though looking messed up) is a major advancement for me and I have a good feeling I be able to fix it in not too long

as my monster is messed up and I dont wanna spoil it I give you a picture of my little bendy cube being bendy

[Image: Iud6B1T.jpg]

feels good man
(This post was last modified: 08-03-2013, 07:28 AM by WALP.)
08-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: problems with exporting a monster from maya - by WALP - 08-03-2013, 07:26 AM