Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs
Sefam Offline

Threads: 0
RE: [Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs

(09-09-2013, 10:57 PM)samueljustice00 Wrote: The positive reviews far outweigh the negatives. And from what I've read the negative reviewers didn't quite get it. Just enjoy it guys, don't stick a number or someone else's opinion on something you're excited to play. We made this game to scare and twist your soul. No one else's. Enjoy!

I dunno about that. There's a few "Yea it's good, but it's not that great" reviews.

I think Jim Sterling's review on Destructoid is right on the money, and it's a 7/10. And usually if there's a reviewer I trust when it comes to horror, it's him. Most of the complaints about the game seem to be as follow:

-Removal of gameplay elements.
-Much more focus on the story (Much like Dear Esther)

The game bearing the brand name "Amnesia" brings many expectations, and they don't exactly coincide with what everyone assumes The Chinese Room brought to the table, and that's coming from someone who didn't like Dear Esther. From what I've seen, I'm expecting a good game with a good story, but I can understand why people are disappointed.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2013, 04:46 AM by Sefam.)
09-10-2013, 04:44 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Reviews] Amnesia – A Machine For Pigs - by Sefam - 09-10-2013, 04:44 AM