The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Weird (not necessarily support question though)
Prophet5 Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 9 Years, 4 Months, 2 Weeks ago Something Weird (not necessarily support question though)

So... not sure where to put this; here or general discussion. Could be both.

I installed AMFP with Dreamdesktop animated wallpapers running (KDE's version of Dreamscene on Windows). The game works perfectly at some custom high levels that I shared with TDD. There is some slight loss of frame rate at times.

Now, I switched back to a normal static desktop wallpaper to get some extra performance (dreamdesktop can be a hog) but I encountered the "Black Screen" problem mentioned in the main topic area. Ok I thought. Killed the session, logged back in and changed to a different wallpaper. AMFP refused to start. Nothing in the logs to suggest an error; just wouldn't start. I reboot this time. AMFP starts and no black screen. "Cool fixed" I thought. I quit AMFP and restart to make sure. Black screen. etc etc ad nauseam...

Revert back to dreamdesktop... no more issues (apart from enemies punching me out of maps and candles getting stuck on church banisters Wink).

I have no idea why this behaviour happens, and have no clue where to begin diagnosing this. It's just weird. For reference, TDD does not have issues with either desktop scenario.

Anyway, if someone thinks they can diagnose this, my system specs are:

CPU: i7 3770K
Mem: 8 Gig
Graphics: nVidia GTX260; driver ver: nVidia 319.32

Cheers
09-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Something Weird (not necessarily support question though) - by Prophet5 - 09-13-2013, 07:40 AM