Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Job Hunt
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Job Hunt

Not to discourage you but here in Sweden you can apply for 50+ without getting any worthwhile interview. UNLESS you actually call them or go to their office/building. Show that you are there, it's unclear from your post but if you've only applied through e-mail chances are you won't find anything for quite some time unless you're really lucky.

If you have the ability to go to their address or call them, chances are they will remember you and perhaps you'll get an interview. Talking from experience myself, I've never landed an interview by simply applying, it's amazing how much a little presence can be worth it in the end.

Do you have a portfolio? Any finished mods that you can show off? Do you have any actual experience? Because from what I can tell, having a familiarity with keeping schedules and taking orders (in lack of a better word), you know, normal job stuff - can boost your chances.

Also, never search a few and call it quits. There's no end to how many jobs you can search and waiting for replies from a few instead of looking for other jobs (that you may or may not get) is a lot better, because it increases your chances.

Do you have friends or acquaintances in the field? Their friends? There's a big web of people around you and once you get that ball rolling you may never know what you might find. Facebook?

If you're still studying you might want to check with your teachers if they know someone that may be interested in interns (or if you're lucky a job).

The key is to think outside the box but most importantly: contacts, contacts, contacts. I can't stress it enough. If you get an intern position, take advantage of it as much as you can, get to know the people, ask what they do and if you're lucky enough you might get something else through a person you met during your period as an intern.

Also a key thing to remember is that once you get a job, your chances of getting another one is immense. A little bit of work experience is crucial to get yourself going.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
(This post was last modified: 02-12-2014, 01:50 AM by eliasfrost.)
02-12-2014, 01:48 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Job Hunt - by Froge - 02-12-2014, 12:18 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by eliasfrost - 02-12-2014, 01:48 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by Ghieri - 02-12-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by Traggey - 02-12-2014, 08:08 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by Ghieri - 02-13-2014, 12:24 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by VaeVictis - 02-13-2014, 03:41 AM
RE: Job Hunt - by Froge - 02-13-2014, 03:58 AM