Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?
Petike Offline

Threads: 35
RE: Penumbra the Movie : Who would be your ideal cast ?

Guyra Wrote:Tim Robbins as Phillip, perhaps... Smile And I'd say Red should be played as the same guy who did the voices. In my opinion, it should be like in the games, that you don't see him. Smile

Yeah, the problem is, you shouldn't see too many people in the movie either - it should respect the game's enigmatic and paranoid atmosphere...

Tim Robbins ? Not a bad choice, but he's simply too old.
We need a 30-something year old British bloke... :-)

If you'd want A-class actors known to world audiences, then...

Philip : Cillian Murphy wouldn't be too far fetched. The guy's a talent, played all sorts of odd characters until now, can fake an English (28 Days Later) and American accent (Sunshine, Batman Begins), is slightly over 30 and looks somewhat geeky (as Phil should be, 'cause he's a physics scientist ;-) ). One annoying thing would be those smarmy eyes of his, though... Undecided

Amabel Swanson : Rose Byrne. :-D Nuff' said. ;-) Besides her death, she should show up in a few scenes from the BP timeline - perhaps when contacting Philip via the camera system. The scenes should partly show her working on an antidote for the virus, and taking a regular look at the makeshift barricades to her office (with the Infected trying to break in).

Red : I agree, Red should exist only in the form of voice-over, done by no one else, than Mike Hillard himself. :-)

As for the others... Who knows...
Creatures should be part CGI, part prostethics (if possible) and should show up only rarely - and when they do, it has to be unexpected and intense...

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
11-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread