Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Unsatisfied
freac Offline

Threads: 3
RE: Unsatisfied

First I must say that the penumbra almost triology is far beyond what i believed game makers to be capable of.

But since I am a Schwabe (suebian) i have to criticize. (Usually the best praise you could get from a Schwabe is "Ha, do kosch nix sage" Well ... you can't say anything (bad) about it.)

I just finished Requiem (both ways) and it felt little different from the casual breakdowns of the game, ... like kicked out.

- My game experience was pretty much flawed because my computer was repeatedly overburdened with handling the graphics though it more than meets the stated minimum requirements of the game and i turned off/down all graphic extras.

- On the other hand the sceneries especially the closure seem pretty empty and oversized while they demand more than all of my graphics card.

+ The sophisticated idea might have been to create various paralell layers of possible (virtual) realities: In the beginning I wondered if i was not Phillip but the one he sent the message to. Did the Tuungait who attacked me drag me into the tomb and leave me for dead? Is what I hear and see halucinations in the aftermath of the infection?
In the end it looks like having been the dreams of a dying man.

+ I expected any time in Requiem to occur another ecounter with some evil creature that doesn't turn out to be a phantasm.

- the puzzles are partly very flat.

+ When I was outside i thought: "Couldn't i just get saved here by a helicopter?". After making my way up through some levels, the view of ramps or stairs leading donwards made me think: "I absolutely dont want to go down there." But there was no other way. Eventually it seems now that Philipp's fantasy depicted his live energy going down this way.

I mumble a little because requiem seems to have suffered the doom of most sequels. Still it felt like living in one of the best movies.
I feel very much tempted to invest into a more powerful computer for getting to enjoy entirely the scenery of forthcoming games.[/font][/font]

All we are saying is "Give peace a Jens!"
04-11-2009, 03:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Unsatisfied - by Voronwe - 02-03-2009, 02:31 PM