The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Texture, Model & Animation Help Animation Issues
Vale Offline

Threads: 13
Animation Issues

Thought I posted this but I dont see it. :/
*So when I returned to this site my browser didn't automatically reload the page, so until I manually refreshed it, I didnt see my last post. Sorry about that, but feel free to delete that post since this one is more detailed.

Alright, so Im experiencing some issues animating a model to import into amnesia.
Its a statue related event where at a certain point a statue will raise its arms and it will keep them there.
This was my first attempt at rigging/animating, so its likely I'm just missing something.

the problem is, while the animation plays correctly in Blender (and maya for that matter,) it produces a distorted blob in hpl that doesnt animate at all as intended.

The statue I used as a base is statue_deformed_man, and the rig is only on the upper body. I used apply automatic weights for parenting, and used whole character insert for each frame with the pose tool.

I have included a compressed attatchment which contains a screenshot of the model in maya, blender, and in the hpl model viewer. It also contains a .dae and .blend of the model, and a text document which will detail over each object.

I exported the .dae as Mrbehemoth detailed in this post https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-25856.html
which didnt change anything.

So some help would be greatly appreciated, I've been playing with this thing for more than a good 7 hours.
Thanks!

Attached Files
.rar   animated_statue.rar (Size: 1.27 MB / Downloads: 63)
(This post was last modified: 08-21-2014, 08:40 PM by Vale.)
08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Animation Issues - by Vale - 08-21-2014, 08:33 PM
RE: Animation Issues - by Juras - 08-21-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: Animation Issues - by Vale - 08-22-2014, 02:03 AM
RE: Animation Issues - by Juras - 08-22-2014, 07:39 AM