Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I always hit this point in development when...
FlawlessHappiness Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145
RE: I always hit this point in development when...

(09-02-2014, 09:07 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: I think the problem with our motivation is that we feel an immediate need to act on even the tiniest hints of inspiration. We're afraid to waste the opportunity and consume it as soon as it peeks out. When it inevitably runs scarce, we feel frustrated, which puts us into a counterproductive state of mind.

Promise yourself to work on the map during a certain time every day, for example from 6:00 to 6:30, and never deviate from the schedule. It will be hard at first because you won't feel inspired to do anything. Work on it anyway, no matter how unproductive the work is.

Occasionally, you'll get a rush of inspiration by the end of your session. That is precisely what you want. If it happens and you're out of time, don't keep working - walk away and continue on the next day, no matter how much you want to keep at it.

By doing this, you will always have ideas the next time you start working, which will eventually make you more and more productive. Instead of wasting your inspiration, you will be cultivating it.

Eventually you might want to increase your work time as you become more productive. Just make sure you don't overdo it and burn yourself out. If you feel burnt out, reduce the time.

I always feel like I need to be productive.

I don't like being unproductive. So I'll work a lot on my stuff. Productive or not. Can it become too much?

Trying is the first step to success.
09-02-2014, 09:43 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: I always hit this point in development when... - by FlawlessHappiness - 09-02-2014, 09:43 PM