Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Real permadeath - a thought experiment
Zannibal Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Real permadeath - a thought experiment

I saw a game with permanent ending in the glorious year of Game Maker, 2006. Or something. Anyway, the idea of the game was that you had to either execute a person or close the game (the latter is a bit lame, which they had some button to free the person). If you killed the person he would stay dead even if you restarted the game. If I'm not fully mistaken it was done by making some change to registry and something? So it wasn't simple savegame trick and most people wouldn't have been able to tell how it was made Big Grin

As for idea, it would be cool to try out. I would definitely pay £2 for that. And in fact, if LP'ers hear about it you may get a lot of sales if the game was lengthy. Like who gets to the end. People would want to try out themselves.

I wouldn't go for selling additional lives. It would ruin the idea for permadeath and your little company would never see the light of day again because currently people seem to hate even normal DLCs - let alone selling additional lives : D
10-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Real permadeath - a thought experiment - by Zannibal - 10-13-2014, 09:27 PM