Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]
Kedjane Offline

Threads: 13
RE: Just a couple plot questions... [spoilers]

(06-20-2009, 06:57 PM)Renegade_ Wrote:
(06-19-2009, 09:02 PM)Kedjane Wrote: Firstly the Tuurngait don't "manipulate" Philip, just cause hallucinations from what I remember.
As to why the Tuurngait couldn't predict Philip wouldn't tell... well, neither could I. I bet most people didn't see the "Kill them all" ending coming. People are unpredictable and after having had a pretty long chat with Philip, plus him passing all tests, I guess the Tuurngait simply relied on him. Perhaps the Tuurngait didn't know what the computer was for or what it could do (or perhaps it simply couldn't read). Unless we see a sequel I guess we will never know if the Tuurngait knew about Philips intentions or not. It is possible that he changed his mind in the very last moment aswell, making it even harder to predict.

Incorrect on many accounts:
Spoiler below!
It does manipulate Phillip, as did it Howard. The Turngaait's illusions are mental manipulations that encourage Phillip to help.

Neither you nor I saw the ending coming because it is, quite frankly, illogical. The Turngaait is a collective intelligence existing before man and knowing infinitely more than man; it can infiltrate and posses man's mind, yet somehow it cannot predict or intercept their intentions? right...

During the final e-mail, you can see as the walls disappear around Phillip... seems kind of familiar, no? Like a Turngaait illusion...? Hmm, after so much investment into Phillip, wouldn't you think it to be prudent for the Turngaait to stick around in his mind and make sure he did it's bidding?
Surely, unless he was naive, it doesn't make sense for Phillip to reach the conclusions that he did (I'd like to think that Phillip=me=not naive).

What are you saying? That it was naive of Philip to doom the Tuurngait? That's what happened though, isn't it?

Worst regards, Kejdane.
205 characters remaining.
06-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread