Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Overture crashes at last level the bright hydralic door you use crowbar on
marky1124 Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 1 Week ago RE: Overture crashes at last level the bright hydralic door you use crowbar on

(07-06-2009, 03:31 AM)Zstar20 Wrote: I have exactly the same problem, can't seem to find the way around it and the patch doesn't help me either, is there anything else I could do?

Manually installing v1.0.3 worked for me with my Steam installation of Penumbra Overture. One thing to watch out for though is when you choose the installation directory make sure that the location shown is correct. Assuming the standard C: steam installation location you'd want

C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\penumbra overture

as shown above. Note that the patch installer will add \Epsiode1 onto the end given a chance. It might be worth double checking that the patch installed to the correct directory.

By the time I installed the v1.0.3 patch I'd already installed the latest OpenAL version 6.14.357.24 (download). I've no idea whether that was necessary or not.

I hope that helps,
Cheers,
Mark
(This post was last modified: 07-06-2009, 08:06 AM by Klesk Reaver.)
07-06-2009, 08:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread