Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Extreme slowdowns
urandom Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Extreme slowdowns

(07-17-2009, 08:08 PM)jens Wrote: If you turn off the dof effect completely does that remove the slow down?

Could you try and turn off the UI acceleration(I try hard but can't recall the name of it) in gnome before starting the game and see if that helps?

I've tried turning off both motion blur and dof at one point. then passing the outside level so that I can see the cutscene when the character wakes up. Even without those effects, the slowdown is still there.

I'm not running gnome (or compiz), and there isn't any other app that is using opengl at the moment I start the game. However, I am running a rather simple compositor, which just redirects the windows. When I disabled it, I didn't notice the slowdowns. So unless they appear again while the compositor is disabled, it could be the reason for them. Not sure if there's anything you could do from the game to disallow the game's window to be redirected.

As a side note, the 'overture' script which is installed with the collection tries to start 'Overture/overture', but the actual script in that directory is called 'penumbra'. You might want to update that script for future customers Smile
07-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Extreme slowdowns - by urandom - 07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
RE: Extreme slowdowns - by darknigger - 12-09-2010, 12:16 AM