Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Screen after intro
gagle Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Black Screen after intro

(07-21-2009, 10:16 PM)Urkle Wrote: Try upgrading to the 185 series drivers and see if that fixes issues.

Also look at your /proc/interrupts file and see if the two devices (sound and video) are sharing an interrupt.

Currently using the 185 series drivers and the video/audio devices are not sharing an interrupt. If I kill and restart pulseaudio from the command line, I get the following warnings :

~$ pulseaudio
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
N: main.c: Called SUID root and real-time and/or high-priority scheduling was requested in the configuration. However, we lack the necessary privileges:
N: main.c: We are not in group 'pulse-rt', PolicyKit refuse to grant us the requested privileges and we have no increase RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits.
N: main.c: For enabling real-time/high-priority scheduling please acquire the appropriate PolicyKit privileges, or become a member of 'pulse-rt', or increase the RLIMIT_NICE/RLIMIT_RTPRIO resource limits for this user.
W: pid.c: Stale PID file, overwriting.
W: alsa-util.c: Cannot find fallback mixer control "PCM" or mixer control is no combination of switch/volume.
W: alsa-util.c: Cannot find fallback mixer control "Mic" or mixer control is no combination of switch/volume.

I know bug reports were filled concerning the muted PCM influence on the alsa "output" so I thought maybe this could be relevant. (If I remember correctly, the workaround was to append tsched=0 at the end of a certain line in a certain file...)

Regards,

G.
07-22-2009, 02:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Black Screen after intro - by Ramiro - 07-18-2009, 04:06 AM