Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Black Screen after intro
cha0t1c Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 2 Weeks ago RE: Black Screen after intro

FYI,
If you are running Penumbra on a flat-screen TV (particularly 1080p), Penumbra defaults during first run to 800x600 Fullscreen. My KDL-52V4100 does not take kindly to that resolution so I get a blank screen with a message of "Unsupported Signal....,". That raises the problem of 'If I can't get to the graphic control screen, how can I change the resolution?'.
My solution:

Penumbra copies the default_settings into your user directory as ~./frictional/games/Penumbra/Overture/settings.cfg. The simplest way to get Penumbra to run the first time, assuming your drivers, OpenGL, etc., is correct, is to edit the default_settings.cfg to Fullscreen='false' instead of Fullscreen='true'. This will display in a windowed mode on your deskstop where you can adjust accordingly. After your adjustments (I set mine to 1024x768 which works beautifully on my TV), you can go into the settings.cfg located in your home directory and set Fullscreen to true again.

My default_settings (where the game is installed) /usr/local/games/PenumbraCollection/Overture/config/default_settings.cfg

Good Luck follks. Hope this helps someone.

p.s. My spouse is out of town so I snuck my 'puter downstairs to the BIG TV. I'm gonna hate to give it up!
07-23-2009, 02:04 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Black Screen after intro - by Ramiro - 07-18-2009, 04:06 AM