The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Freezing / unstable framerate issues?
Destroyedbeauty Offline

Threads: 3
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months, 3 Weeks ago Freezing / unstable framerate issues?

So I did a couple of days ago install Amnesia TDD on my brand new Acer Aspire - Intel i7, Nvidia Geforce GTX860M and 8GB RAM and some additional technical eyecandy hardware wise - but no matter what I am doing regarding the settings - the game is freezing and is having some minor stuttering issues, specially when entering unexplored rooms and so.

Like if it has some troubles with rendering / sampling the frames after a specific FPS-rate and is jumping through the frames at an unstable rate.

I've done an clean install of my Acer (for getting best possible performance out of it) and installed every, latest driver possible. But the issues is still persisting and is destroying my experience of the game. Otherwise - my Acer can handle games like BF4 at Ultra settings with 40-55-65 FPS without any issues at all, so the hardware for this game wouldn't be of any concern, I hope.

Even my old and now dead Aspire from 2010 with an low-budget ATI Radeon HD *somethingsomething* and one of the first generations of Intel i5 Quads could handle the game at 60-70 frames without any issues..

What should I do next?

I've taken a look at the hpl.log file that is created during start-up of the game for the first (?) time and I am seeing something like this under the Initializing Graphics Module section;

Initializing DevIL
Vendor String: Abysmal Software
Version String: Developer's Image Library (DevIL) 1.7.8
Version Number: 178

Can it be related to this, or is this totally irrelevant and of no-go priority?

Attaching hpl.log so you guys maybe can take a look at it and see the reason behind my issues?

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 9.34 KB / Downloads: 130)
06-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Freezing / unstable framerate issues? - by Destroyedbeauty - 06-09-2015, 03:13 PM