The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Soma will not start, 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context
Helm Offline

Threads: 2
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago Soma will not start, 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context

Hi,

I'm having trouble playing Soma as the screen comes up black and I get the message that soma.exe is not working.

I've read https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-30644.html and gone through it point by point. My graphics card should be compatible according to the thread as Version shows a 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context.

I do have a dedicated AMD and an integrated Intel HD graphics card and I know that the troubleshooting thread says that the Intel graphics card will be used by the game and will fail. However, my hpl.log file shows that the ATI card is bring used by the game, not the Intel card (even when I don't disable the Intel card manually). Moreover, I saw that it should not be possible to use a dedicated AMD and an integrated Intel HD graphics card to play Amnesia but my laptop handled that just fine.

Do you have any advice?
09-23-2015, 06:19 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Soma will not start, 4.0.10188 Compatibility Profile Context - by Helm - 09-23-2015, 06:19 PM