Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major kudos to whomever designed the Curie (Spoilers post-Lambda)
kojack Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Major kudos to whomever designed the Curie (Spoilers post-Lambda)

(09-25-2015, 05:19 AM)PathOS Wrote: Wow. I had no idea that such a ship or system existed. Next time I play through the game I'd like to try exploring the ship more. I think there were a few logs in there that explained what happened to it. But of course, that damned disco-ball head terrifies me too much to go exploring ;P

It seems that if you make it to the engine room checkpoint, disco ball is gone from the previous areas. I went back and looked around a bit before continuing and didn't run into him.

(Damn it, now I want to mod the game to play something like Stayin' Alive every time that enemy appears. "And now it's all right. It's OK. And you may look the other way." hehe, the lyrics even work!)

I'm curious about one part of the ship though. After the engine room in the last little room with the locked door, there's a large air vent and a fire extinguisher next to it. You can't grab the vent, but if you throw the extinguisher at it, it wobbles. So it's a dynamic physics body on a rigid constraint. Why? Is there more to it, or did they just reuse a physics prop instead of making it part of the wall geometry? I spent a while trying to get it open before I realised how the level was supposed to proceed.
09-25-2015, 05:58 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Major kudos to whomever designed the Curie (Spoilers post-Lambda) - by kojack - 09-25-2015, 05:58 AM