Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Community Challenge: Level Art [Oct 2015]
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Community Challenge: Level Art [Oct 2015]

(10-11-2015, 03:46 AM)Robosprog Wrote: Effectively, if you set the lamp to be unlit (It's too late to open HPL3 and wait another 3 mins to load it) on some lamps, the billboards will remain active even when light sources and ilum colour have been deactivated/set to 0.

I get that there is an issue, I was more hoping you could point me in the direction(give me the name) of one of the specific lamps that has this issue, might be able to identify a fix for it.

(10-11-2015, 03:46 AM)Robosprog Wrote: I understand the technical side of it more than well enough, but practically adjusting one to such an extreme whilst the other isn't is just unneeded and leads to bad results - it looks dodgy. In addition to this, lamps as an entity shouldn't really have any lights attached in the first place unless they are so small and specific they wouldn't make an actual impact on the scene - or, at the very least, have a no light version of every lamp.
Fair enough. Being able to adjust glow and entity lights's effect on environment separately, without having to place lights and billboards manually, seemed practical to me, but since you are the one most experienced with lightning, I will take your word for it that it is not enough control. Given we don't find a fix I guess we will just have to make no light versions of the one's that are broken when needed.
10-11-2015, 04:28 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread