The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thank you for keeping it difficult
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3
Thank you for keeping it difficult

I'm something of an expert when it comes to puzzle games and things, and even I've been stuck a couple of times in Amnesia. I'm happy to say that I doubt many people will be able to get through the game without a few glances of a walkthrough, and that's a good thing!

Sure, there are hints scattered about and the level design is slightly obvious, but overall (I'm playing without hints or death hints, though) I'm impressed that Amnesia wasn't totally dumbed down from previous efforts.

I've been stuck for various lengths on,

Spoiler below!
This sucked! After entering the area with the small fountain and going through everything, I simply had no idea how to create an explosive mix. I searched for easily over two hours, every single nook and cranny in every single room. I read every note and had nearly assumed I'd bugged out the game somehow. Of course during my frustration I realized, wait a second, they wouldn't make a fuss over the supply room caskets if there was nothing to do with them. And, obviously, the drill gives me the explosive mixture I needed. GAH!

and

Spoiler below!
In the sewer with the two bridges - I easily fixed the 3 rooms to match the other side but had no idea how to progress. It was so obvious after the fact though, I just didn't see the levers for the bridges - thought they were decorations :\

unt

Spoiler below!
Figuring out how to get the vaccine. I simply have no idea how normal people are going to think to use the drill on the guys head. Was it in a book somewhere? A diagram?

and

Spoiler below!
Getting the machinery to work in the place with the talking guy (sorry, forgot his name!). How the hell will people find that trapdoor? The talking guy said "look around for items, i'm sure you'll fix it" and of course, tada - I find a trap door by accident!

Granted these moments in hindsight were only due to my own lack of awareness, but I still giggle at how most people will give up after 2 minutes of not being told what to do.

Bravo!
Oh, and of course, thank you for a brilliant game.

Perhaps a bit too much arse and penis, however.
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2010, 09:11 AM by suibriel.)
09-11-2010, 08:57 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
Thank you for keeping it difficult - by suibriel - 09-11-2010, 08:57 AM