The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PC hard crashing on load and while playing
Danteska
Unregistered

Solved: 7 Years, 4 Months ago PC hard crashing on load and while playing
Just bought the game on Steam. So far liking it a lot but I can't play due to some issues. This started when I got the omnitool (thought the first crash happened in that area before grabbing it) and headed through the open fence door to the left where a vent breaches open, but it looks like the game crashes in random locations or even while loading the game (at the end of the bar).

Computer hard-crashes with a sound-loop and then reboots itself (I don't think it creates a crash dump, but I can check if needed and attach it), but without recognizing the GPU. A shut down (by maintaining power button pressed for a few seconds) and 'fresh' boot is needed for the GPU to be recognized again.

My Specs:
OS - Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit, build version 14393
GPU - Sapphire HD 7950 Boost Vapor-X (basically an R9 280)
CPU - AMD FX6350
Drivers - AMD Crimson 16.10.2
Monitor - 120 Hz BenQ XL2410T

Things I've tried to do:
- Disable Steam overlay. Keeps hard-crashing.
- Disable RTSS overlay (application detection level for SOMA: None). Keeps hard-crashing.
- Disabled in-game VSYNC and forced it through GPU control panel. Keeps hard-crashing.
- Validated Steam files. No errors were found so I didn't try launching the game.
- Tried Soma_NoSteam.exe, this forced me to adjust settings again as it created a new cfg file. Hard-crashed again, way sooner than I thought I would.
- Updated to AMD Crimson 16.12.2, clean install. Hard-crashes even while loading the last checkpoint.

I'll upload the phl.log file.

If I can't fix this I'll have to redeem it, and I don't want to Sad

Attached Files
.log   hpl.log (Size: 8.62 KB / Downloads: 149)
12-25-2016, 04:41 AM
Jump to the post that solved this thread.

Messages In This Thread
PC hard crashing on load and while playing - by Danteska - 12-25-2016, 04:41 AM
RE: PC hard crashing on load and while playing - by Danteska - 12-26-2016, 02:32 AM