Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is there a way to stop a looping sound?
User01 Offline

Threads: 30
RE: Is there a way to stop a looping sound?

(03-27-2018, 11:25 AM)Mudbill Wrote: How are you playing the looping sound? Via the editor or via script? If script, you must simply give the internal name of the sound you started in the stop script for it to find it. Remember to actually include a name in the start script, otherwise you can't stop it.

If you started it via the editor "Sound" object, then I'm not certain if it has a default name you can stop via script or not, but if you only want it to play once and never loop, you can copy the .snt file and edit it to be loop="false", then use that in your story instead.
Via script PlaySoundAtEntity. I gave the sound an internal name and the sound is playing at a script area. I copied the internal name in the StopSound script. All of the the script is working, except that the sound still keeps playing after StopSound is called.

This made me thought that you cannot stop looped sounds but I'm not sure. And yes, it has to be looped.
(This post was last modified: 03-27-2018, 03:05 PM by User01.)
03-27-2018, 03:05 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is there a way to stop a looping sound? - by User01 - 03-27-2018, 03:05 PM