Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game does not recognize inventory.hps file
LagerShan Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Game does not recognize inventory.hps file

(11-10-2019, 03:48 AM)Mudbill Wrote: So if you put Print("Hello"); inside OnGameStart, does it print that into the hpl.log file in your documents?

Thanks for replying, sadly no it doesn't.

Also, one more thing.
I updated my Code inside the inventory.hps considering there will be 3 items and 4 items inside the level and the game gets to pick to randomize one of them that will turn active. 
Not sure if I've done it right.

void GetFullHammer(string &in asItemA, string &in asItemB)
{
    GiveItem("Hammer", "stone_hammer.ent", "FullHammer", "stone_hammer.tga", 1);
    PlayGuiSound("make_hammer", 1);
    RemoveItem(asItemA);
    RemoveItem(asItemB);
}

void OnGameStart()
{
    for (int x=1; x<=3; x++)
   {
       for (int y=1; y<=4; y++)
           {
               AddCombineCallback("Hammer", "HammerPiece_"+x, "HammerPiece2_"+y, "GetFullHammer", true);
           }
    }
        Print("Hello");
}

Inside the Hps File of the level it's like this for the randomizer. Not that it matters but maybe it can help solving the problem easier.

int x = RandInt(1,3);
    SetEntityActive("HammerPiece_"+x, true);
    int xx = RandInt(1,4);
    SetEntityActive("HammerPiece2_"+xx, true);

The randomizer works perfectly in the game, the problem is, the inventory combining system isn't getting recognized. i also tried combining normal items without them being randomized and still doesn't function so not sure what I'm doing wrong here.
Thanks in advance.
(This post was last modified: 11-10-2019, 12:00 PM by LagerShan.)
11-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: Game does not recognize inventory.hps file - by LagerShan - 11-10-2019, 11:53 AM