The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 906 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.17 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 906 errorHandler->error

Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATAL ERROR message pop up
kismetkitten Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago FATAL ERROR message pop up

I have been stressing over this for quite awhile now and have tried everything!! I am trying to play my Amnesia: The Dark Descent and whenever I do, a window pops up saying Fatal Error: Renderer #0 could not be initialized! Make sure your graphic card drivers are up to date. Check the log file for more information.

So went to my device manager and I checked if it was up to date. But It said it was, so I went to the intel website and tried using their System Identification Utlity and I can't seem to get it to work. So I followed their directions for checking the graphics driver info and saved the information to file. (Provided in the attachment)

I went to their download center and went through the selections of my OS and downloaded the latest driver:
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for Windows 7* 64, Windows Vista* 64 (zip) which can be found in the link below.
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_D...pe=Drivers

It says in the description that it supports my video card (Mobile Intel® 4 Series Express Chipset Family), but when I run the set up it says:
The driver being installed is not validated for this computer. Please obtain the appropriate driver from the computer manufacturer. Set up will exit.

My computer is a Gateway Ms2273 Laptop running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. I have contacted Gateway about the problem and they said they had no solution for my problem. I am in the process of contacting intel atm and am waiting for response.
Anything I can do to fix this??
REMOTE ASSISANCE WOULD BE GREAT IF AVAILABLE ;(

Attached Files
.txt   DiagnosticReport.txt (Size: 1.84 KB / Downloads: 104)
04-24-2011, 07:36 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
FATAL ERROR message pop up - by kismetkitten - 04-24-2011, 07:36 AM
RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up - by Bek - 04-24-2011, 09:54 AM
RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up - by kismetkitten - 04-25-2011, 03:06 AM
RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up - by Krishtina - 04-26-2011, 02:15 AM
RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up - by Bek - 04-26-2011, 03:03 AM
RE: FATAL ERROR message pop up - by Krishtina - 04-26-2011, 03:09 AM