Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

(RESOLVED) Penumbra Performance Problems?
SirRaven Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 2 Months ago RE: Penumbra Performance Problems?

tedy Wrote:raven i have 93.71: you think i should change drivers?

I'd recommend it. However, first see what results Mercenary has since he is going to give it a try. I am speaking from personal experience with the new drivers and I believe it would be a worthy attempt. I don't know what nvidia did but I was getting horrid results with it in Splinter Cell: Double Agent and i was getting erratic gpu fan speeds. 93.71 was also causing my gpu fan to crank up to max speed when I went into standby mode. In fact, when 93.71 first came out, I upgraded to them and instantly saw the decrease in performance w/ Splinter Cell. Then I downgraded back to 84.21. Later I had graphical issues in a newer game and upgraded to find the same issues and realize the whole problem was resolution-related (I editted 1440x900 in the wrong config). Then I discovered the fan problems and decided to banish those drivers forever and reinstall 84.21. These drivers have served me well no matter how new the game.

I am pretty confident it is driver related. Like the above said, if your out of ideas...it's worth a shot, only takes a couple of minutes to uninstall/install vid drivers. Just as mercenary also mentioned "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I can't begin to describe how true that is for video drivers. Even if you are using old drivers, if they are doing great...don't bother upgrading.
04-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread