Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500
QuiteIronic Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 3 Months, 1 Week ago RE: A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500

(10-08-2011, 09:48 AM)plutomaniac Wrote:
(10-08-2011, 12:14 AM)QuiteIronic Wrote: Yeah, certainly do, man. I'd love to help all I can with such a graphics card. I recently discovered some new things that makes the process much, much easier. Just get a hold of me if you need me. Also, unrelated, but I was looking at you Envy the Dead Mod and I'm incredibly impressed. Nice work there.
Can you tell me what more did you find? A lot of people with this card never had a chance at playing Amnesia so you might help a lot.

As for EtD it will be continued Q2 2012 as I have said numerous times in the forums because I don't have the time right now. Soon, I will make another update at moddb and then Q2 2012.
Well, I actually did it the hard way. I was told by the maker of the video to upgrade to anything above Linux Kernel 3.0.0, which he also guided me on. After that, he has an installer for all the drivers, libraries, etc, which made it much easier as I did not have to install it all manually through the terminal. So, after installing the latest version of Linux, you need to IMMEDIATELY upgrade the kernel. Otherwise you have to go through an awful process. OH! And it's also key that a 32-bit Linux/Ubuntu is installed, not 64-bit. If you install 64-bit, you will have problems when installing Mesa 3D drivers, as they are for 32-bit. That's all I can think of for now...

10-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500 - by QuiteIronic - 10-05-2011, 01:14 AM
RE: A Slight Fix for Intel GMA X4500 - by QuiteIronic - 10-14-2011, 04:59 PM