Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[WIP] Horror Demo (First Map)
ThatCoolNinja Offline

Threads: 1
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map)

(11-21-2011, 09:41 PM)Statyk Wrote: Just played it, and here are my comments:

Spoiler below!

1) I like the number of pointlights, but throw a boxlight around the map with each color being about 0.1 to get a little light. otherwise, areas are pitch-black and it doesn't look natural.

2) The decal in the room where the first monster pops up is glitched. I'm guessing you placed the decal AFTER you placed the monster. I set a picture below so you can see.

3) Walls were jutting through each other in halls and rooms. Don't be afraid to place walls next to each other or size rooms larger a bit.

4) I got lost/confused a few times in the hallway with 4 rooms. Maybe script some momentos or quests to help the player.

5) the key by the dead body on the bed is hiding under the covers. I was SO lost because I couldn't find it. I actually found it on accident. >> Maybe bring it up higher and check off "static physics" in it's Entity tab so it floats a bit, rather than fall through the covers.

6) Some scares were predictable, but still pretty good, I jumped a few times. =] Set the scary guy on the ladder to "static physics" as well so he doesn't glitch out like he did for me.

7) Be sure to experiment with new puzzles! Too many keys.

//_________________________

I also noticed you probably intend on PewDiePie playing this. lol I saw your little hidden guy. I'd love to see PewDie's reaction to THAT betrayal. XD
Spoiler below!

I was wondering why I couldn't see that key, I didn't know stuff could go through the covers. Ill fix that right away.

I will definitely fix that ladder guy, I was also wondering why he was tripping out like that lol.

I will look into a box light, I agree about it being to dark in some areas.

Im still learning how to do momentos and quests but once I get better at them I will throw them in for sure.

That texture is weird O.o I never even noticed it, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

I am still getting used to mapping so hopefully I can make my walls better for the full release.

My friend suggested I hide something in case pewdiepie does play the map so I threw that guy in there, figured he would get a lul out of it.

Thanks a bunch for playing and helping me out Smile

Update!
Fixed texture error pointed out by statyk.
Added box lights.
Rotated something that caused a scare to be "not so" scary.
Made a key more visible.
Fixed a scare from freaking out into a wall.
(This post was last modified: 11-21-2011, 11:37 PM by ThatCoolNinja.)
11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
[WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by ThatCoolNinja - 11-20-2011, 08:02 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Arvuti - 11-20-2011, 08:28 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-21-2011, 12:54 AM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Khyrpa - 11-21-2011, 04:27 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-21-2011, 09:41 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by ThatCoolNinja - 11-21-2011, 10:53 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Statyk - 11-22-2011, 11:33 PM
RE: [WIP] Horror Demo (First Map) - by Arvuti - 11-23-2011, 12:02 AM