Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
[WIP] The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara *NEW UPDATE V1.8*
DragonRuins Offline

Threads: 4
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara

Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I will add some pictures today, and about the key in the bedroom. I was meaning for that to come into play later on in the story. I just cut the map short so I could at least see if I was getting anywhere. The "no roof in the end-map" That was intentional. It isn't really going to be the official East Wing map, just temporary. I plan on going back through the map and sorting things out according to your feedback. Spring break next week anyway.
Quote: Level layout didn't make much sense. From a bedroom into a main dinning hall? Or a dungeon off a library?
The bedroom is the first area of a map I had ever made in the HPL2 editor, and then I couldn't think of anything other than a dining hall for the next room Smile I may fix that, but it definitely would require a lot of effort, because I don't see any easier way to move the whole section without messing with the script areas. The dungeon off the library was supposed to be a secret dungeon. If that desk wasn't conveniently placed there, then you couldn't get through to it. (which I may add something to do to the right of the room that's right after the first room in the Library.) A question about that area with the book case, though. Is it possible to have the dungeon doorway/frame inactive or invisible, then have the wall behind the bookcase disappear into the door frame for that style, then make the dungeon doorway/frame visible? Because there are some texture glitches with that as well. Once again, I appreciate that you all took the time to give some feed back for me to work on! I'll continue it, for sure.

<EDIT> I just added the screen shots! Currently working on improving the map Big Grin </EDIT> Tongue

[Image: 76561198012068277.png]
(This post was last modified: 03-21-2012, 09:33 PM by DragonRuins.)
03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
Website Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara - by Kaizy - 03-21-2012, 07:45 AM
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara - by DaAinGame - 03-21-2012, 07:56 AM
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara - by Dark Knight - 03-21-2012, 06:55 PM
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara - by DragonRuins - 03-21-2012, 08:27 PM
RE: The Ghost of Dr. Arachnikara - by DaAinGame - 03-21-2012, 09:32 PM