Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Traggey Offline
is mildly amused

Threads: 74
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

I have nothing against regenerating health if it's used in games that really are not focused on the whole survival thing.

If the developers of a game want to rather tell a story than provide a super challenging experience then let them do so if they see it fit better for the game, many games these days are not about challenging you, but rather provide entertainment and many people simply get bothered by dying in games.

If I'd be playing for example Saints Row and I'd be dying over and over again because there's no regenerating health mechanic then I'd probably get sick of it rather quickly because it's a game where I simply want to sit down and have some crazy ass fun.

Implementing regenerating health into the horror genre all depends on what kind of experience the game wants to deliver, so personally I don't think this is a subject of discussion really.
If it works for a game and lets the developers provide the experience they want then let them do it.
Games are a media format, developers give us the experience they want to give us.
(This post was last modified: 07-23-2012, 08:09 PM by Traggey.)
07-23-2012, 08:07 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Traggey - 07-23-2012, 08:07 PM