Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

A major problem in Amnesia also is that you doesn't need the Laudanum.
Because when you have regen health, it's totally worthless.
Nothing worse than to have no esteem to items.

I know, it's a problem to scatter around items in a world where you think "who the hell had left it here?".
So, such items should be really rare (~ 10 in the whole game) and only avaiable in places where it's logic to find them there.

I wouldn't say the regen health in Amnesia is annoying, but the feeling of horror and helpless would be improved when your health does not automatically refill.
Perhaps it would be a good choice when the effect would be slowed down, that it takes 5-10 minutes longer to be health.

It's absolutely wrong to compare Amnesia with COD mechanics, Amnesia is not a casual game, but it has some casual features it shouldn't have.
Nevertheless, Amnesia is one of the best games I ever played.
I prefer Penumbra a bit, because I played Penumbra first and maybe that's the reason because I look at every detail. Penumbra has by far more thoughtful and tricky involving puzzles than Amnesia and the horror in Black Plague is at least on the same level as Amnesia. Both games are holy pieces in my opinion and the developers should feel honored when people making thoughts to their games and tell how to improve some general things.
07-28-2012, 11:15 AM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by Googolplex - 07-28-2012, 11:15 AM