Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.
the dark side Offline

Threads: 9
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games.

what variety? sorry, but, these days i cannot tell any difference between COD and Shooter x and shooter Y, same mechanics (boring) same controlls, same story, same anything, tell me were there is some actual gameplay vartiety and not a direct gameplay copy of call of duty (outside serious sam 3) and i will beleive you.

I'm not talking a game being so challenging it makes you want to scoop your eyes out, although i wouldnt mind that (cough, ARMA, cough), i'm just saying i want a game were its actually possible to die! im not saying you should die from say, a single round hitting you, that would make even me go "sod it!" and play something else, i'm saying you should be able to die if you really mess up, like trying to take on 500 spec-naz with only a Tokorov T33 handgun! with regen, no matter how badly you mess up, you can survive, to die, you basically have to walk off the side of a train (except you cant, because of the invisble walls, let me make mistakes for goodness sakes, how else am i supposed to learn?). it bores me, how can i have fun when im bored, because im bored of being coddled.

I mean, i wouldnt mind these cod clones if there was one or 2 Proper games out a year instead of one in six years for those of us who dont like easy games. but there isnt, its all cod clones, there is about one proper game out every 4 years now. its ridiculous!
i personally cannot look past it, because it makes the game too easy even on hard, and easy games bore me to death. i want more than just "shooting" from point a to b on a waypointed corridor as well, that is repetitive as sin, i want to explore the map, i want to find items, i want to solve puzzles, i want to drive a vehicle in a free roam map, i want to find the objectives myself, not just follow a polyp, i want to be made to remember the controlls! (im sick of "press return to reload", "press and hold return to swap ak for mp5", "press and hold return to plant bomb", press "space to open the door" every 5 seconds!, stop-patronizing-me!) i want to feel im playing a game, not taking part in a shooting gallery crossed with a scwartzenegger movie.

basically, something like a NOLF-2 with modern graphics is what i am after, challenging, but not frustrating, and Varied, stealth, RPG, Vehicles, shooting, platforming, puzzle solving, item hunt, all rolled into the same game. thats what i am after. im not a masiochist, i just want to have fun.
(This post was last modified: 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM by the dark side.)
07-29-2012, 08:39 PM
Find

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Diskussion about "regenerative health" in horror games. - by the dark side - 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM